This locating unit initially sounds quite exciting to me as I
have the opportunity to get involved in live projects/briefs as well as work on
my own chosen brief alongside it.
I have researched into some live briefs and the Bradford
Textiles Society, ‘printed textile design for fashion on any base fabric’ stood
out to me. Although I find myself designing for more interior products and
furnishings, I enjoyed working and designing some of the more fashion-based
products in my last project. Therefore, I would like to experiment more with a
fashion context, which will hopefully help myself to decide which pathway is
for me.
On the other hand, there is also a brief for the Bradford
Textiles Society, which is a ‘textile design suitable for domestic curtains,
upholstery, cushions and blinds, drawn in repeat’. Although this sways towards
my specialist context approach, I am not overly delighted about the ‘drawn in
repeat’ aspect, as I want to be more free in this project and not work to specific
guidelines.
Over the Christmas break, I will be visiting the city of
Florence, Italy. This trip was a birthday present for me off my sister.
Therefore, I am hoping the inspiration for my drawing and this project will come
from the architecture, gallery visits, colour, scenery etc. of Florence, where I
will be taking photographs and a sketchbook over the 4 days. However, it is
also a holiday break for my sister and me so I will not be dedicating all my
time to the project.
To improve from my last project, I will research and chose
my context before I start getting into this live brief, as ‘context’ is what
limited me within my previous project. Due to not having a solid purpose for my
designs, my ideas constantly seemed to change, however as soon as I had a
strong context that I was happy with, my productivity increased. Therefore, I
want to really research into my context for this live brief as soon as I can.
At this moment in time, I am a little unsure about the self-initiated
brief. I have a few ideas from designing an interior textile design in
comparison to the live fashion textile design to the idea of a ‘look book’ portraying
my fashion ideas and designs from the live brief, especially if I spend more of
my time on the live brief.
No comments:
Post a Comment