Monday, 9 November 2015

Intentions Tutorial Six

This week I have been focusing more on digital designs due to the lack of time I have in the Print room. The digital workshop with Alex have been helpful and the creative cloud workshops with Katrina have been good practice. I think my weakness is sticking to colour, as when I experiment with effects on Photoshop colours and opacities change and it becomes difficult to stick with you initial chosen colour. Being more faithful with my colour palette will benefit me and my project and therefore I need to be a bit more careful when working with colour.

Digital Development Samples


Colour Palette Faithful Designs

Working with a more solid colour palette I have been developing repeat patterns as well as random all over patterns. The colours combined with the style of prints I have been developing changed my direction of context as they were more bright and vivid. Therefore, I chose to experiment with them on a rucksack style bag template. 

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/27162403978877858/ White Rucksack Bag with my design


In my opinion, the template bag design worked really well. I could imagine it in a high street shop such as top shop with the quirky designs. However, when I got into tutorial, Rachel taught me that it didn’t relate to my concept in anyway. She advised me to think about beach bags and summer time, maybe look into companies such as IKEA, Accessorize, Ted Baker etc, in order for the context to link in with the concept and initial idea of Barbados. This has excited me as I now finally have a knowing pathway for context. It has also made me realise I should be thinking more in depth to context as it’s almost the foundation for a project.

At the moment, my ideas are with a collection for the beach. Beach bags, beach hats, beach towels, sarongs, kaftans etc are just some of the products I could explore.
I also produced some more transfer prints this week, exploring a new fabric (polyester satin) to add to my experiments. The shimmer within the prints almost take away from the colour, however they are visually interesting and have made me realised I should be experimenting with as many fabric as I can.


Overall, this tutorial has made me understand the fact I need to make better connections throughout all aspects of my project.  

No comments:

Post a Comment