This week I did not make it in to the tutorial with Rachel,
however I took time out to reflect upon my own work and shown both some of my
peers and my partner.
Fortunately, I have managed to book some space in the print room for Monday 9th November and Thursday 12th November which are not exactly the best times as I have tutorials, workshops and lectures on both the days, however I will just have to manage my time carefully. To speed the process I have handed in two screen designs to work with. One is an all over design which I can mask off and manipulate to create a varied range of screen printed designs and one is a repeated window design in order to create separate types of designs. When talking to some of my peers they advised me to hand in up to another two screens in order to create prints even faster. Therefore, I have decided to put in a different design as well as one of the same designs I already have on screen to speed the process due to only being able to book two spaces before deadline.
Due to only using the heat press to create prints up to now, I feel I need to really experiment and use my time wisely in the print room and rather than trying to be perfect and precise, I need to go all out and take advantage of what I can do. I have signed up to the Flock, Foil and Puff workshop with Teresa on Thursday which I intend to carry out in my screen printed developments. Also, I will be trying out various fabrics both sheer and thick, synthetic and natural to find what works best with colour and fits well within my context.
I have also created a colour board, however I have been advised to narrow it even further due to the range of colours I have used. I will focus on this before going to my allotted place in the print room so I have a stable and solid colour palette to reference when mixing my pigment dyes.
Fortunately, I have managed to book some space in the print room for Monday 9th November and Thursday 12th November which are not exactly the best times as I have tutorials, workshops and lectures on both the days, however I will just have to manage my time carefully. To speed the process I have handed in two screen designs to work with. One is an all over design which I can mask off and manipulate to create a varied range of screen printed designs and one is a repeated window design in order to create separate types of designs. When talking to some of my peers they advised me to hand in up to another two screens in order to create prints even faster. Therefore, I have decided to put in a different design as well as one of the same designs I already have on screen to speed the process due to only being able to book two spaces before deadline.
![]() |
| Designs for screen |
Due to only using the heat press to create prints up to now, I feel I need to really experiment and use my time wisely in the print room and rather than trying to be perfect and precise, I need to go all out and take advantage of what I can do. I have signed up to the Flock, Foil and Puff workshop with Teresa on Thursday which I intend to carry out in my screen printed developments. Also, I will be trying out various fabrics both sheer and thick, synthetic and natural to find what works best with colour and fits well within my context.
I have also created a colour board, however I have been advised to narrow it even further due to the range of colours I have used. I will focus on this before going to my allotted place in the print room so I have a stable and solid colour palette to reference when mixing my pigment dyes.
![]() |
| First Colour Board |


No comments:
Post a Comment