Sunday, 20 September 2015

Pendleton Sixth Form Centre Textile Exhibition

Emma Baird

Emma Baird

Emma Baird’s work is something I haven’t really come across before. The type of art installation piece doesn’t interest me as a career path however, her work interested me as a whole. The use of layering laser cut wood, fabric and embroidery to create a piece inspired by nature works well as an art form. 

Her work has inspired me to look beyond the obvious as she has created an installation piece based on nature, however it becomes a little world of its own with the use of layering many materials and using embroidery in a contemporary way. Her work has made me think about the different kinds of material I could use and how I could use them. I have also thought about how using embroidery can change a piece of work. 

It is hard to tell who the intended audience is for this kind of work however, it reminds me of accessory pieces in the way that if you took some of the pieces and formed them into wearable objects they would transform into contemporary fashion pieces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment