Sunday, 20 September 2015

MMU Degree Show

Krista Murtagh

Krista Murtagh

Krista Murtagh

These vibrant prints have the ability to work either in fashion or for interior in my opinion however, the designer, Krista Murtagh used a fashion based context. My interest lies with the texture based prints as I use texture and movement in my own work and will most certainly be using texture based inspiration in the future. Her textures are fresh and contemporary which excites the eye which I would love to portray in some of my future work.
 
I also have more of an interest in working for a particular kind of audience. For example, I am more motivated when I am working with a younger, more female dominant audience as I feel I can relate and add more of my own enthusiasm and passion within the product. This was another reason I was drawn to the work of Krista Murtagh. I can see her intended audience was most likely younger females who are interested in the aspects of fashion.
Her work inspires me to create more bright and lively pieces of work where I can use more vivid colour. 

As well as this, her fashion influenced career ideas has also influenced me to think more about the fashion career pathway whereas before I was more interior based. There are a lot of innovative ways you can capture anything within fashion prints and garments where you can experiment with anything you can take influence from. However, I feel that with interior based prints and products you need to limit yourself to the appropriate styles that fit in with an interior brief.


Emily Pogue

In the same way, Emily Pogue’s work consists of vibrant colours and exciting texture. Her abstract prints are fashion related with women’s wear in high end fashion as a central focus. I believe due to my interest in interior, I can imagine these prints working for interior products however, I am again influenced by the many different pathways you can take when working with fashion based context. 

Emily Pogue’s work inspires me to keep pushing with texture based work as well as showing me you can find texture and abstract patterns from countless sources, as her work in inspired by nature and architecture which complement each other surprisingly well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment