Tuesday, 29 September 2015

Intentions Tutorial One

Choosing the theme Urban/Rural came quite naturally due to the content of my holiday project which focused on the contrast between my home town of Manchester and my holiday destination of Barbados. Manchester is a chaotic city where everything is quite compact, dark and historic. Although Barbados does portray historic values and ways of living, it is also colourful and relaxed, quite the opposite to Manchester. I would like to merge the two in some way to hopefully create innovative prints for interior and accessories. 
My photographs of the Manchester buildings

When explaining my thoughts and showing the photographs I had gathered from both Manchester and Barbados to Rachel, I became quickly excited as she understood what I wanted to do and gave me some great advice for the next two weeks of gathering visual research.

My Photographs of the Barbados buildings

The technique of collage was discussed due to the layering, chaotic themes seen throughout the photographs I had taken. Therefore, I will be taking more photographs around Manchester to gather more visual research to draw from. I will also be focusing on elements such as windows, lampposts, bricks, street signs etc from the photographs rather than the buildings as objects. Also, I believe using some parts of the photographs within collage will create some original compositions when combined with drawing. I’m not interested in pushing collage as such, however I think the technique of collage will portray the sense of Urban and Manchester throughout my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment