Monday, 15 February 2016

Locating Tutorial Seven

My focus this week has been my self-initiated brief of a look book. My ideas include creating a fashion illustration look book, visualising my designs and samples on garments. Therefore, on Illustrator I have drawn up some illustrations portraying garment shapes in the styles of Valentino, Naeem Khan and Alberta Ferretti to depict a higher end fashion collection.

Fashion Illustrations 




In order to portray the white on white devore fabrics through drawing for my illustrations, I used white gel pen and white paint marker on acetate and thin tracing paper. The effects I got from this were really quite alluring and dainty; similar to my samples.

Drawing on acetate and tracing paper




 In the shapes of the drawn up garments, I cut out the drawings and stuck them onto print outs of my fashion illustrations. I drew up different compositions and scales of elements from my designs to portray the potential they have in a fashion context. The style of cutting and sticking appealed to me for the fashion illustration look book as it interprets my approach to the illustrations. It also has a sense of delicateness which ties together the style of my samples and the style of the illustrations they will be visualised on.

'Cut and Stick' Visualisations




Another way I experimented with visualising my designs onto the fashion illustrations, was using my actual devore samples. I took some photographs of my samples, edited them and applied them onto the garment shapes. Changing the scales and colours, I attempted to create a collection. However, it didn’t really come across as a strong collection. I believe after producing more samples I will be able to scan them in at high quality and try to create a fashion illustration collection to portray within my look book.

Digital Visualisations





This week, I will focus on producing more print samples as well as embroidery samples to support my visualisations. I will also be creating the look book itself. Therefore, I will have to make sure I have enough content for the look book for example, enough illustrations, acetate and tracing paper samples, fabric samples and embroidery samples. Using acetate and tracing paper as the foundation for some of my look book pages is original to my project as it represents my designs, samples and ideas. I could even experiment with using print techniques such as flocking and foiling onto acetate and tracing paper to use as a page in my book.  Overall, I want the look and feel of the look book to represent my live brief project in a different format. 

No comments:

Post a Comment