In this final week, I have been focusing on my final print
designs and making my fashion illustration look book.
I really enjoyed this week in the print room experimenting with different fabrics and techniques. I used white flock, foil and puff on paper and fabric to create bases for my look book as well as original samples. I furthered the idea of white on white, using the opaque white pigment on both acetate and silk fabrics. These samples brought together my final collection of samples as they are original and unique, however still fit in with the theme.
I really enjoyed this week in the print room experimenting with different fabrics and techniques. I used white flock, foil and puff on paper and fabric to create bases for my look book as well as original samples. I furthered the idea of white on white, using the opaque white pigment on both acetate and silk fabrics. These samples brought together my final collection of samples as they are original and unique, however still fit in with the theme.
![]() |
| Experimenting with different techniques |
The look book was a challenge to create. I only ended up
producing a mock-up of the look book, however it still includes all the ideas I
wanted. Some pages are fashion illustrations and others are
drawings/photographs and acetate pages. If I had more time, I would’ve made a
more professional look book by taking photos of a model and applying my samples
on the photographs as visualisations. I also would have got the look book professionally
printed, however it would have lost some of its originality such as the acetate
pages.
![]() |
| Look book |
I also brought together both projects by finalising boards
and presentation. For example, I needed to create two boards for the Bradford live
brief. I included main samples, smaller samples and visualisations.
Overall, I am really pleased with my final samples as they
are all different and explore the same theme.
![]() |
| Final samples |



No comments:
Post a Comment