Monday, 20 October 2014

Rotation 1: Print



Print was a chaotic 3 weeks where I learnt to design motifs for different areas of print with 10 chosen objects. When it came to choosing my objects I wasn’t very thorough, in fact I just chose the most interesting things I could find in my house. However, after exploring various drawing techniques, digital developments and print practices, I found that when looking deeper into the objects and depicting detail within them I could create quite nice designs and prints.














Initially I started to develop drawings using back media only which allowed me to explore different shapes and textures within my objects. We then went on to use colour, using reference to a colour mood we had created and as we started to utilise the drawing days and the workshop days, I eventually started to create a collection based on both my objects and colour palette. This collection consisted of many developments such as, screen prints, digital prints, hand painted croquets designs and collage designs all keeping faithful to my 10 objects and my colour palette.














I know I need to improve on some of my hand painted designs so I can include more neat detailed pieces within my collection and explore techniques that I maybe couldn’t explore when using digital aspects and vice versa.
 There were many times during these three weeks I found difficult, however I learnt that being persistent really does pay off. There’s no such thing as rushing through print and so patience and trial and error does play a part.

No comments:

Post a Comment